Green Giant Fresh Blog

Green Giant® Fresh Partners with Box Tops for Education

There’s no question in anybody’s mind that Green Giant® Fresh vegetables and fruits are good for you, but did you know they’re also good for the health and welfare of your children’s schools?

Green Giant Fresh is the only fresh produce company partnering in the Box Tops for Education program, which has raised more than $375 million for schools since 1996 — with nearly $50 million of that last year alone! The program has been so successful in raising needed funds for our children’s education that more than 90,000 K-8 schools are currently enrolled in the Box Tops program.

You might be surprised to learn that 31 million of your closest neighbors are clipping box tops for schools and 6 million of those households don’t even have children in the home. And with 80 percent of America’s elementary and middle schools actively participating in the Box Tops program, chances are very good that your youngster’s schools are in the mix.

So, what does clipping Green Giant Fresh Box Tops do for your school? It raises money — up to $20,000 a year for each school. And your school can use that money for computers, books, playground equipment, even classroom parties. These are just some of the ways kindergarten through eighth-grade schools have chosen to use Box Tops for Education funds.

There’s no question that educating our children should be at the forefront of our nation’s priorities, but with local governments and school districts taking a hard look at shrinking budgets, it’s often the elementary and middle schools that are the first to suffer cuts.

For the past 15 years, the Box Tops for Education program has helped to soften that financial blow for local schools. And Green Giant Fresh has become an active participant, making it easy for you – our customers – to join in.

How can you get involved? Just clip off the Box Tops on Green Giant Fresh produce such as Green Giant Fresh Romaine Hearts, Cauliflower, Iceberg Lettuce and Broccoli. Then register to submit these coupons to the school of your choice. Remember that each Box Top coupon you submit is worth 10 cents to the school of your choice.

And keep an eye out for Green Giant Fresh Romaine Hearts, because these packages contain special “bonus codes” that are of a different value, which can mean even more money for your favorite elementary or middle school! When you redeem those bonus Box Top codes online at http://boxtops.greengiantfresh.com, they will be added to your school’s check from Box Tops for Education.

For more information, to register a household, designate a school, redeem codes or discover other easy, everyday ways to earn cash for a school, visit http://boxtops.greengiantfresh.com.

15 Comments

1. Mary Zyk says:

How do I get my free box top?

2. Adrienne says:

Why is it so hard t receive my bonus box top on line? The bonus box top coupon states enter the bonus code and you will receive a box top. I do not see the space for a bonus code. It would have been easier if you would have given me the box top when I purchased you product.I buy products that have box tops to help support my daughter’s school.

3. I spent too much time looking to enter my bonus code. I think it stinks and you just wanted my e-mail address.

• ggf_admin says:

Susan: We’re sorry you had such a difficult time entering your Box Tops codes. Just so we’re on the same page with you, did you try to enter your codes here — on our blog — or on our Box Tops for Education redemption site (which is located at http://boxtops.greengiantfresh.com)? Let us know if you’re still having problems entering codes or if there’s something specific we can do to assist you. Also, if you wouldn’t mind, please tell us more about the part where you were looking to enter your codes… what could we have done better on the user experience side of the equation to make this easier for you (one of the ways we improve the user experience by hearing from folks such as yourself and then making things better).

4. Jeanne says:

Hello. I am also having trouble trying to redeem my bonus box top. I am unable to open the page http://boxtops.greengiantfresh.com.

5. Kathy says:

I agree with, “why don’t you just put the bonus coupon on the bag”. It seems like if you are going to take the time to print the bonus note on the bag, it would have been better to print off a bonur box top instead. I will turn it over to the school and let them print this off as they have an account.

6. klgs24 says:

I agree with a PP that says you just want our email address. But actually you want ALL of our information including our birthdays and addresses!!! Shameful. There should be a way just to redeem the “bonus boxtop code” without having to register at the site. At the very least just provide our email address, not all of our personally identifying informaiton. Shameless marketing tactic. I’m not redeeming the bonus code if I have to provide all of that information.